Thursday, February 2, 2012

'Law & Order: SVU' - Deliberate Act, An Original Story

Wanting to write an SVU fan-fic. I got inspired by the loss of my uncle here (RIP Uncle "Lean") and I got inspired to try to do it in the shower (I'm not kidding); I'm searching for an outlet I guess. Season 13 has been Law & Order: SVU's best season in a couple years by the means of it's writing, I guess you could say it's more intelligent (under new show runner/executive producer Warren Leight, formally of Lights Out and Law & Order: Criminal Intent).

I've also been wanting to do something with new characters: Detectives Nick Amaro (Danny Pino) & Amanda Rollins (Kelli Giddish); I feel there is more to them than what is given to us on Law & Order: SVU. Plus I want to do something dealing with EADA David Haden (Harry Connick, Jr.); because in the fan-fiction world, pretty much anything goes.

Following season 13's formula:

DELIBERATE ACT (Saturday, December 4, 2012: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1808736/)

THE SVU DETECTIVES SOLVE A CASE A LITTLE CLOSE TO HOME FOR DETECTIVE NICK AMARO (DANNY PINO). BUREAU CHIEF MIKE CUTTER (LINUS ROACHE) PUSHES HIS ADAs TO CONVICT.

Sr. Narcotics Detective Allison Harmon is found crying rape in the streets, the Special Victims Unit is on the clock to track down her rapist with the city and the department breathing down their necks. With SVU's credibility on the line with their arrest, Bureau Chief Mike Cutter (Linus Roache) pushes his ADAs to seek a conviction in the interest of justice, instead of pressure and politics. Meanwhile Detective Nick Amaro's (Danny Pino) future with the Special Victims Unit is unclear.

Also starring: Mariska Hargitay (Det. Olivia Benson), Richard Belzer (Sgt. John Munch), Ice-T (Det. Fin Tutuola), Kelli Giddish (Det. Amanda Rollins), and Dann Florek (Capt. Don Cragen). Guest starring: Stephanie March (ADA Alex Cabot), Diane Neal (ADA Casey Novak), and Tamara Tunie (ME Melinda Warner). Special guest starring: Laura Benanti (Marie-Grazie Amaro), Andre Braugher (Bayard Ellis), and Harry Connick, Jr. (EADA David Haden).

--
I bet if this was an episode everybody would be ready to see it! I wish it were, but in the meantime, I need to actually write this. Don't want to make a false-promise; this will be one of those that'll make fans wish I was on the SVU writing team (so do I). I'll probably start posting on the night of Saturday, January 4th and post chapters from there, instead of hitting it all at once. Read it here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1808736/

No comments: